Monday, January 4, 2010

First meal

Here it comes, my first blog about the Kinkky's journey to gain weight by eating Hong Kong for a whole semester.
First I have to tell that it wasn't so bad to have like +22 degrees with sunshine after the 9 hours flight from the icy-cold Finland. =p
Didn't take any pictures yet, so I can only describe the stupid smile with mouth open on my face after I realized that I am in HKG and won't be leaving for 6mths!
The first meal in HKG was a Chinese one, of course, with my aunt and uncles. A cup of hot steamed rice with spare ribs in blackbean sauce and chicken feet. Yummy! After the meal had to go to my cousin's place to sleep for a while because I only slept for some 2 hours during the flight and it was already like next morning in Finland.
I also already saw the lobby of my student residence as we took Salla (my roommate) there to check-in. I didn't check-in yet because I will stay at my cousin's place for few days first, so I didn't see what's the room like yet. From what I've heard it should be a nice place and quite new as well. I will meet Salla tomorrow so let's see what she says after the first night. I shall check-in there on Thursday.. But I already like the location: next to train station and really close to everything (what more a lazy ass like me could ask for). :D

No comments:

Post a Comment