Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last stop Bangkok, next stop Seoul!

Two days ago I came back from Bangkok where I had a long weekend trip with Sophie and Salla. And tomorrow I'm leaving for Seoul in South-Korea! Can't really complain this life as an exchange student. :D

So, last Thursday evening we left the cold HK and went to Bangkok, where the warm weather was waiting for us. Three nites in Bangkok included the Grand Palace, many many temples, anti-stress spa treatment, learning to use the local transportation system, tuk-tuk rides and mango sticky rice. And of course let's not forget the shopping in the nite bazaar! ;) After the three nites in Bangkok we took a bus ride to Pattaya where our wonderful hotel with its pool areas was waiting for us. The day was pretty much spent at the pool area in the hotel. For the evening we didn't go to the so-called-famous "Walking street" but instead went to see "Tiffany's Show"-the transvestite cabaret show, which was amusing. All in all this long weekend was relaxing and great, thanks to some local friends of my friends in HK. :)

I just got my suitcase unpacked and now I should pack it again... This coming trip to Seoul will be great: we have a group of 7 great people, including Soo Ryun, our Korean guide! Also, I'll most likely manage to meet some Finns (like Timppa who's doing his exchange in Seoul). Feels good to have friends in every corner of the world! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment